Review: Twisted Love

Twisted Love Twisted Love by Ana Huang
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I listened to Twisted Love on audio, thanks to Libro.FM. This was my first read by Ana Huang. I'd heard from many bookpals that her books were good, so I decided to give it a go.

What I enjoyed about Twisted Love:
The suspenseful storyline
Ava being a bit of a rebel and pursing an education in something her father didn't approve of.
Alex's grumpy asshole demeanor

What I didn't enjoy:
The bedroom talk made me cringe, more than once.
The plot twist involving Alex's true intentions

This book had so many twists and turns, some were great and added a lot of suspense to the story and some where meh. I felt really bad for Ava and her tramatic childhood, which continued to plague her adult life. I thought the author did a great job of capturing the long lasting effects of PTSD and highlighting the need for therapy. I really felt like Alex understood her struggles and had so much patience with her. It showed he wasn't a cold, errogant jerk all the time.

Overall, the book was good. It had it's moments that I really liked and those that I didn't. I thought the narration was really good, which made the read an easy listen. I'll definitely check out the rest of the series because I was getting major overly protective vibes from Bridget's bodyguard at the end of Twisted Love and I am here for that story!

View all my reviews

Comments