Reign by Siobhan Davis ARC Review

Reign (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #3)Reign by Siobhan Davis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm having a hard time deciding how to rate this novel because yes, there were some really good parts that contained a ton of emotional depth. The author is clearly talented beyond belief with creating chaotic, dark, twisted story lines that are complex and require thought and concentration. But I had a very hard time getting behind the entire RH story line between Harlow, Saint, Caz, Theo and Galen. Especially given their ages! A bunch of 17 and 18 yr old kids engaging in this type of sexual / emotional relationship just seemed so unrealistic that it was hard for me to take the entire story line seriously.

Yes, it's a work of fiction and I know all of these characters were created to be more mature than most their age, having been through and seen things that no one in their lives should see. I tried to take that into consideration while reading this final book in the series, but it was extremely difficult for me near the end of the book to accept the fates of the main characters and their choices. It just seemed so far fetched.

The bedroom scenes were fire. Straight up scorching! What else could you expect from a group of young kids with unlimited stamina that pretty much have nothing else to do but go to class and get it on. I honestly don't know how Lo kept up with all 4 men and their needs in the bedroom... it was exhausting for me just reading it!

I was extremely pleased with the conclusion of the series. Things got pretty intense and out of control, but the author did a great job wrapping it up in a nice little package that we could all accept and be happy with.



View all my reviews

Comments